St David (University Lodge)
Social Media and Contact
Check-In on Facebook, or contact the Lodge Secretary.
About the Lodge
The lodge dates from 7 February 1739 and was formed as 'Canongate from Leith'. It was first proposed by six members of Lodge Leith Kilwinning on 2 February 1738 and it was duly constituted on 2 March 1738, with the first meeting held on that date. The name was changed to 'St David' in August 1756 and University Lodge status granted in November 2013.
Sir Walter Scott was a member of the lodge, and an Annual Scott Night Dinner is held in his honour.